Portugal iGaming Dashboard - Q4 2019

14 February 2020

Portugal’s regulated operators generated their highest ever quarterly revenue total of €65.4m in the final three months of 2019, driven by a 55% year-on-year increase in sports betting GGR.

The 52% year-on-year increase in igaming GGR from gambling on sports and casino games in the market was achieved at a margin of 6.2% from turnover of €1037.5bn, breaking the €1bn barrier for the first time.

The final quarter performance from dot.pt operators pushed the annual total for 2019 to €215.2m, a 41% increase on the 2018 figure.

Close to €35m or 55% of the €63.1m added during the year was provided by online casino, with the remaining €28.2m or 45% coming from sports betting.

Slots continued their dominance of casino activity in the final quarter of 2019, accounting for 69% of turnover, ahead of roulette with 13.6%, blackjack with 8.1%, poker right games with 6.5% and tournament poker with 2.8%.

Football accounted for 75% of betting turnover, well ahead of basketball with 13.3%.

Scroll down to see the full interactive datasets.

All data and figures are processed by Ficom Leisure following the the official release of the figures by Portuguese regulator the Serviço de Regulação e Inspeção de Jogos (SRIJ). Ficom Leisure is a leading European corporate advisory firm specialisedin all segments of the betting and gaming sector.

Ficom Leisure provides monthly figures on the New Jersey online market in the New Jersey iGaming Dashboard and Pennsylvania in the Pennsylvania iGaming Dashboard, available on iGB North America. It also provides quarterly figures on the Spanish online market in the Spain iGaming Dashboard, on the Danish market in the Denmark iGaming Dashboard, and on the Italian market in the Italy iGaming Dashboard.