BetVictor to settle BetBright ante post bets
Online gambling operator BetVictor has reached an agreement to reinstate and settle all ante post bets placed with now-closed BetBright.
The Irish operator ceased operations earlier this month after its acquisition by 888 Holdings, and customers were left in limbo as to the status of their bets, with many airing their frustration on social media.
However Rich Ricci, former executive chairman of BetBright, has come to an agreement whereby former BetBright customers that had ante post bet voided when the operator closed can choose to have these reinstated with BetVictor.
Players have until April 4 to put forward their request and will be need to have a valid account with BetVictor. The offer does not apply to ante post bets placed on this month's Cheltenham Festival.
“I am pleased that with the help of BetVictor, ante post bets placed by BetBright customers can be honoured,” Ricci said.
Matt Scarrott, director of sportsbook at BetVictor, added: “We’re happy to be supporting Rich to address this situation, enabling former BetBright punters to reinstate their ante post bets via our BetVictor betting platform - we’ll make the process as simple and frictionless as possible to provide customers with an enjoyable betting experience with us.”
Earlier this month, 888 agreed to pay £15m (€17.4m/$19.5m) to purchase certain assets of Dedsert Limited, Dedsert Ireland Limited and its affiliates, which together operated as BetBright.
At the time, 888 said the integration of the BetBright sportsbook into the group would give 888 complete ownership of its technology and product development across four key online betting verticals: casino, sports betting, poker and bingo.
BetBright shut down its customer-facing site on March 5, less than 24 hours after the acquisition was agreed.