Now in its third year, this conference is designed to help gambling operators effectively manage issues around problem gambling and player protection, avoid regulatory action, understand what to do when mistakes happen, improve public opinion and increase customer loyalty.
Much has happened in the field of social responsibility over the past 12 months. Barely a week goes by where the media are not talking about the “hidden gambling epidemic” or politicians calling for tighter controls to help minimise the effects of problem gambling. Regulators are tightening controls, asking operators to actually demonstrate the systems and procedures they have in place rather than just detail them. A number of high profile fines being issued continues to rise.
Reducing gambling harms is now viewed as a public health issue and social responsibility is high on the agenda for customers who have the ability to shop around more than ever before. Reliable players are switched on to social responsibility and will select where they want to bet based on how reliable they perceive them to be.
At the event last year, delegates told us that there was not a single session they didn’t find useful. We’ll be lifting the lid on all of the main social responsibility issues once again. Don’t miss out on being part of the conversation and benefiting from the many takeaways.
Who should attend:
- Senior management at gambling operators
- Heads of compliance at gambling operators
- Heads of Player Protection or Social Responsibility at gambling operators
- Heads of marketing at gambling operators
- In-house lawyers at gambling operators
- Public Relations professionals within gambling operators
- Consultants working with the gambling industry