BtoBet and PlayRobinHood team up for charity initiative

13 May 2020

Platform provider BtoBet has teamed up with Brazilian operator PlayRobinHood.com to launch a charity initiative in Brazil intended to help those most in need during these trying times.

Bo Grujicic, PlayRobinHood.com’s founder, said that with the aid of BtoBet, Quiz Contra O Corona (Quiz Against Corona) was created, with all the jackpot’s proceeds being funnelled back into the community. He specified that 75% of the amount wagered in the jackpot will be donated to charity organisations, with the remaining 25% added to the jackpot prize.

“Once this health crisis is over, and if the jackpot has still not been won, then the the jackpot prize in its entirety will be donated,” explained Grujicic.

BtoBet will be aiding PlayRobinHood by providing the platform technology, and UI and UX development pro bono.

A number of Brazilian personalities have been involved in this inititative to help the community, among them Brazilian international footballer Leandro Castán da Silva, who currently plays for Vasco da Gama.

Alessandro Fried, BtoBet’s chief executive officer, commended the initiative launched by Grujicic and his team. “We immediately decided to partner with the team from PlayRobinHood, taking care of the platform provision and all the assistance needed to create Quiz Contro O Corona. It is truly heartening to be an integral part of an initiative where social responsibility is placed at the forefront, where helping those in need – especially those people who have had to shoulder financial burdens due to the pandemic – is the only prupose.”

In related news, this Thursday Fried will be joining a panel comprising key industry figures and legislators for the Brazilian market to discuss the current and potential changes in the country’s gambling sector.

The BtoBet-sponsored iGB webinar, Brazil: the impact of the pandemic on the sports betting roll-out will take place on 14 May at 15:00 BST.

Anyone interested in joining the the free webinar to see what the experts have to say on how the local industry will evolve in the coming months should email sales@btobet.com. Registration is also open here.