You are here
A great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Reporter to join the iGaming Business editorial team and write across its portfolio of market-leading business-to-business print and digital publications.
The successful candidate will write across all iGB outlets, online and in print. These include iGaming Business, iGB Affiliate, iGaming Business North America and one-off reports and research papers.
This role is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to take their career up a level by being part of a growing and open company that is the leading publisher and event organiser in the online gaming and betting sector.
Closing date of applications is the 15th September 2017.
- Write daily news and feature articles, reports, in-depth and analysis pieces
- Develop new content ideas and themes
- Maintain and develop industry contacts
- Take part in publishing process of print magazines
- Moderate discussion panels and representing iGaming Business at industry events
- Generate exclusive stories and off diary pieces
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
- Versatile journalist who is comfortable with all aspects of online and print publishing and can write news, features, interviews or analysis pieces to a high standard
- Able to use their own initiative to generate exclusive stories and original angles on the issues shaping the online gaming and betting sector worldwide.
- Ability to pick up the key points to any given brief quickly and be able to process the information in a way that is easy to read and understand.
- Hungry to learn and improve all aspects of their journalistic skills,
- Confident, approachable and be able to handle all kinds of situations.
- Strong self-starter and team player,
- Keen networker who is good at developing contacts and at ease in all circumstances: whether in press conferences, moderating panels at our leading events or face-to-face interviews with top executives in the sector.
- Able to work calmly to a consistently high level when busy and under pressure
- Continually seek to maintain and further develop excellent market and product knowledge
- Experienced in building close relationships with contacts in order to manage and grow existing relationships
- Tenacious can do attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of tasks and to problem-solve quickly
- Exceptional organisational & time management skills
- Ability to travel abroad as required
- Experience in the igaming sector an advantage but not essential
The Gaming team is a group of enthusiastic individuals driven by the following values:
We love the unexpected:
- We’re adventurous and willing to try new things
- We embrace and drive change
- We aim to surprise and delight
We’re open and happy to share:
- We engage with stakeholders outside the event
- We build sharing communities
- We embrace others ideas
We’re committed to caring:
- We take personal responsibility to get things done
- We always think about every step of the experience
- We strive to understand and meet customers’ needs
We continuously learn:
- We actively seek inspiration from all quarters
- We constantly strive to improve what we do and how we do it
- We help learning lead to growth
We are looking for a driven and independent individual who would adopt these values from day one.