You are here
EPOS Product Owner
My client - a leading retail Payments company - is looking for an EPOS Product Owner to work on a permanent basis.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Strong experience of retail EPOS systems and the EPOS marketplace – an EPOS expert
- Familiarity with the specific needs of the convenience retail sector
- Knowledge of agile development techniques, and acting as a product owner for a development team including creation of epics, user stories and acceptance criteria, prioritisation and sprint planning.
- Ability to communicate clearly to technical teams to explain requirements and answer questions
- Good written communication skills
- Able to take a high-level product initiative and elaborate it into a backlog of specific requirements.
- Product ownership of EPOS and associated back office and mobile application. Work closely with the Product Manager to translate product roadmap items into a backlog the team can deliver.
- Explain the product roadmap and vision to the team, so that everyone working on the product understands and supports what we need to achieve next.
- Take feedback from various teams across the business on the EPOS product, and use this to maintain a prioritised backlog of bugs, performance and product improvements that should be delivered alongside new product features.
- Maintain sprint and release plans for current initiatives, so it is clear to everyone interested what features will be in each release and the team understands how the backlog is expected to be delivered.
- Run sprint planning sessions so that the team always understands the current committee work and sprint review meetings so that stakeholders outside the team can understand what has been delivered and the priorities items in the backlog.
- Run backlog elaboration sessions with the team to ensure there is always a suitable depth of stories in the backlog that the team can take on in the next sprint.
- Assess the value of new stories suggested by people across the business, expand the content to clearly express what is required and prioritise them in the backlog in conjunction with the Product Manager.
- Work closely and initiate discussion with Solution Architects on technical debt, the approach and architecture of new features and interfaces.
- Work closely with other Product owners and delivery teams for the delivery of improvements with integrated products, terminal hardware and applications.
- Co-ordinate software releases and monitor new releases for warranty issues that require urgent reaction from the team.
- Encourage the team to find creative ways to deliver the backlog, and to suggest new ideas for prioritisation.
- Take ownership and responsibility for ensuring that the product roadmap once delivered is fit for purpose and you manage the roll out to internal communities as well as external customers.
- Own the overall in-store experience for retailers and consumers.
My client is looking to interview and offer ASAP so please apply with a copy of your most recent CV